Retail Mail Sorter
North Geelong, VIC
Imagine starting every day getting up nice and early, and spending the morning chatting with the friendly faces in your team? For the people in mail sorting roles at Australia Post, it's just part of being at work. Here's your opportunity to join them.
This role is a 3 month fixed term role based at the Geelong Business Centre. The hours are between 7am -10am, Monday to Friday (15 hours per week).
About the role
As you'd expect, plenty of mail comes through Australia Post's Post Offices and delivery facilities every day - and our mail sorting teams make sure every delivery gets where it needs to. In this role, you'll:
- Manually sort the mail that arrives at your workplace each day
- Lift up to 16kg of mail repeatedly
- A friendly, reliable and considerate personality - with a real knack for communicating and interacting with others
- A quick learner who can maintain a high standard of work
- Strong memory recall and hand / eye coordination abilities
- A commitment to Australia Post's Occupational Health and Safety standards
- The flexibility to stay until the job's done if need be - and a real desire to help the team.
For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It's why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a genuine work-life balance.
Plus, our unique scale and scope means there are outstanding opportunities for career growth and personal development, whatever your ambitions.
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Get started by registering your interest.
We're working hard to create an inclusive workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve. If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Diversity Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: 06 Apr 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: